Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mezron Full Colour concepts/Inspiration

first draft
second draft
Closer... I've been stuck on this for a while. He wants a scene featuring a young Doyle going on a joyride on Mez's motorcycle!
I'm always touched when people ask to have my characters inserted, and Mez is unique because he was inspired by my little artistic whims. So now, Mez is actually a large part of Doyle's childhood.

I imagine this is the moment when Doyle discovers the real idea of freedom. Bikers put a lot of who they are into their bikes... and I'd like to think, up until now, Doyle has had a pretty restricted upbringing, but now on this bike with this stranger he met by chance years ago, he understands that there's more out there and after this moment, he decides he wants to "live" life.
Originally envisioned this scene going from the city and out into the open road to emphasize that... but the focus couldn't be put on the feeling. Maybe in the final I can fit it all in there! I hope I can!.

...
but I'm sure no one cares about that ;) Anyway, all of these were sketched on the DS today! The third draft has a lot of the feeling I want, but I couldn't grab the motorcycle ref to work with, so composition wise it'll be tweaked a lot!

I've been trying to upload them for HOURS. Gahhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment