Friday, June 1, 2012

Christmas Party WIP


Also self explanatory! Mostly.
I want to say that, while I'm disappointed I didn't get this image done on time (it's JUNE)- I'm not exactly sorry. Why?
Well, more time means I've had more time to practice. Admittedly, the part I dread the most about this image was lighting the background. I'd think about it and go "aauughgghh"

The quick colour commissions really help me to sort of fine tune my technique. And actually, for lighting the background - I deleted what had previously took me hours to do, started from scratch, and did it much more to my liking in a matter of minutes!

It's still by no means complete, but I'm not afraid to work on this any more.

So yes, while I'm embarrassed at how long this image is taking, I'm not sorry! The quality this deserved and what I wanted to bring from the beginning will speak for itself when the image is completed. I didn't want it to be something I looked at and new how many corners I cut to complete it at a so called 'reasonable time'. That's just... not how I do it! Like they say, do it fast or do it right.

But  thanks to all the practice from my Quick Colour commissions, I guess now I can get it done a little faster, AND I can get it done right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment